Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bouncing Off The Walls

I am officially bouncing off the walls. Though, I admit that a lot of it could be the Grande Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino that I just sucked down. So yeah, I'm bouncing.


One more day until NaNoWriMo! I'm about to the point of counting down the hours until I can get started. I have seriously been chomping at the bit here- it's getting to the point where I am going to have to sit on my hands or something. We all know that tactic isn't going to work.


So what have I been doing to feed my writing addiction until November 1st? Why writing Fanfiction of course!


Fanfiction, in this particular situation, is neutral ground for me. I'm able to keep my writing gears greased, but I won't have to worry about getting truly distracted. Let's face it, right now would not be the time to pull out my main novel and start working on it- it would completely throw me off. With Fanfiction I can start it, put it away, and then pick it up again in December (since I won't be pulling my main novel back out until January).


Let's just be honest Fanfiction, and really anything in the universe of Fandoms (i.e. Fanart), is just plain fun. It gives us the opportunity to play with our favorite characters (you can take that statement any way you want), and gives us a chance to practice keeping a character in character. What it all boils down to is that being a fan is just plain fun.

So, this long spiel was just to say that I'm writing un-publishable content to keep myself occupied until November 1st. If anyone is interested to read the Fanfic that I am working on, let me know in the comments and I'll post an exerpt.

Aimee
X

1 comment: